MoneyRates.com aims to bring you the information you need to successfully manage your bank accounts, credit cards and mortgage loans. These archives are packed with content designed to help you handle your finances more effectively. Please browse the listings below for unique news and analysis on personal finance.
Personal finance checklist for age 40 June 23, 2016
Age 40 often means entering the prime of your career and the heart of your family life, and your finances should adjust accordingly.
Featured Stories Archive
Thinking of moving? Make these 7 financial moves first
June 20, 2016
Buying vs. leasing a car: 7 big questions to ask
June 09, 2016
Research Center Archive
Best States for Millennials 2016 June 07, 2016
MoneyRates examines eight factors to see which states are the best for millennials to live, work and play.Read More
- Best Savings Accounts 2016
May 24, 2016
- Goldman Sachs Bank Review: Rising star in high yield online savings
May 18, 2016
- Best States to Make a Living 2016
May 16, 2016
- BBVA Compass Offers Fast, Low-Cost Banking Options
March 22, 2016
Ask The Expert Archive
How can I buy a home on a low income? June 22, 2016
With the right budget discipline and an eye for value, even people with relatively low incomes may be able to afford to buy a home.Read More
- Should I take money out of 401(k) retirement savings to pay off a mortgage?
June 16, 2016
- Why are global commodities traded in US dollars?
May 09, 2016
- What are FDIC insurance limits for trust accounts?
May 05, 2016
- Is it fair for a potential employer to check your credit report?
April 27, 2016
Credit Cards Archive
How to responsibly handle easier access to credit cards April 29, 2016
Easing credit standards mean consumers have to take responsibility for not overusing access to credit.Read More
Money Market Archives
Fearing a Fed rate hike? Make these 5 moves April 09, 2015
Preparing your finances in advance of any Fed announcements can help you avoid being caught flat-footed when rates finally climb.Read More
- Batter up! 9 'players' for your investment line-up
April 01, 2015
- Home-field advantage: 7 reasons to favor US stocks
March 23, 2015
- 7 straightforward rules for asset allocation
March 18, 2015
- Shareholder rights: Are you a shark, lion or sheep?
February 25, 2015
How to stop giving money away to your bank June 14, 2016
See if you are needlessly giving money away to your bank in one of these seven ways.Read More
- Consolidating 401(k) retirement savings: 7 questions to ask
June 13, 2016
- 6 reasons retirement saving fails (and what to do about it)
May 25, 2016
- How to use a health savings account to build retirement wealth
April 25, 2016
- Do retirement planning tools do more harm than good?
April 15, 2016
CD Rates Archive
5 moves to optimize your CD ladder investments May 11, 2016
CD ladders can help you manage yield and liquidity, and they can also be tailored for current circumstances.Read More
- 5 reasons why CDs are perfect for low risk investors
August 14, 2015
- 6 essential truths on today's CD rates
October 16, 2014
- 5 factors that could drive interest rates higher
July 16, 2014
- Why inflation is still a threat to your retirement
June 25, 2014
Amid historically low rates, is real estate a good investment? January 29, 2015
Recent declines in mortgage rates may generate enthusiasm for real estate investments, but there are reasons to be skeptical of this.Read More
6 reasons to rethink where you bank May 05, 2014
Banking has changed over time, and it's likely your banking needs have too. Here's why you may want to reconsider where you're at today.Read More
- Best banks 2013: Should you switch?
November 12, 2013
- 4 signs of money immaturity in teens
August 28, 2013
- Walmart's Bluebird card: Has checking met its match?
November 02, 2012
- Why one bank is switching to a single overdraft fee
May 24, 2011
Where to look beyond the Fed for signs of life from stagnant bank rates July 30, 2015
With no action from the Fed on interest rates, consumers should look elsewhere for signs of rising rates.Read More