MoneyRates.com aims to bring you the information you need to successfully manage your bank accounts, credit cards and mortgage loans. These archives are packed with content designed to help you handle your finances more effectively. Please browse the listings below for unique news and analysis on personal finance.
Guide to Building a Million Dollar Retirement Account August 31, 2016
Want to save $1 million for retirement? Take these five steps to better retirement saving.
Featured Stories Archive
Hedge funds: 6 investment concerns you shouldn't ignore
August 26, 2016
Retirement saving: How being average puts you behind
August 25, 2016
10 questions everyone should ask about savings and finances
August 22, 2016
The high price of student loan forgiveness
August 17, 2016
Research Center Archive
Best and Worst States for Bank Health 2016 August 29, 2016
The banking industry has recovered from the financial crisis, but conditions are markedly different from one state to another.Read More
- Bank Fees Survey: Checking Accounts Still Cost $159 Annually for Americans
August 16, 2016
- America's Best Rates Q2: Which accounts offer 4x the national savings rate?
July 26, 2016
- 10 Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs
July 18, 2016
- Best Online Brokers 2016
July 08, 2016
Ask The Expert Archive
Transferring a money market account to a CD: Will I pay taxes? August 24, 2016
Read tax tips when switching from a money market account to a certificate of deposit (CD).Read More
- Will I owe taxes on an inherited certificate of deposit (CD)?
July 21, 2016
- Which retirement investments can supplement Social Security income?
July 05, 2016
- What is the best payment method for online purchases?
June 28, 2016
- How can I buy a home on a low income?
June 22, 2016
Credit Cards Archive
How to responsibly handle easier access to credit cards April 29, 2016
Easing credit standards mean consumers have to take responsibility for not overusing access to credit.Read More
Money Market Archives
Fearing a Fed rate hike? Make these 5 moves April 09, 2015
Preparing your finances in advance of any Fed announcements can help you avoid being caught flat-footed when rates finally climb.Read More
- Batter up! 9 'players' for your investment line-up
April 01, 2015
- Home-field advantage: 7 reasons to favor US stocks
March 23, 2015
- 7 straightforward rules for asset allocation
March 18, 2015
- Shareholder rights: Are you a shark, lion or sheep?
February 25, 2015
How to deal with low bond yields: 4 alternative investments August 08, 2016
See how to maneuver around a low yield environment that could disrupt the ability of bonds to play their traditional role in investment portfolios.Read More
- July Fed update: Is Fed too focused on past econ conditions to raise bank rates?
July 28, 2016
- 4 ways higher interest rates could benefit investors and consumers
July 20, 2016
- How to stop giving money away to your bank
June 14, 2016
- Consolidating 401(k) retirement savings: 7 questions to ask
June 13, 2016
CD Rates Archive
5 moves to optimize your CD ladder investments May 11, 2016
CD ladders can help you manage yield and liquidity, and they can also be tailored for current circumstances.Read More
- 5 reasons why CDs are perfect for low risk investors
August 14, 2015
- 6 essential truths on today's CD rates
October 16, 2014
- 5 factors that could drive interest rates higher
July 16, 2014
- Why inflation is still a threat to your retirement
June 25, 2014
Amid historically low rates, is real estate a good investment? January 29, 2015
Recent declines in mortgage rates may generate enthusiasm for real estate investments, but there are reasons to be skeptical of this.Read More
6 reasons to rethink where you bank May 05, 2014
Banking has changed over time, and it's likely your banking needs have too. Here's why you may want to reconsider where you're at today.Read More
- Best banks 2013: Should you switch?
November 12, 2013
- 4 signs of money immaturity in teens
August 28, 2013
- Walmart's Bluebird card: Has checking met its match?
November 02, 2012
- Why one bank is switching to a single overdraft fee
May 24, 2011
Where to look beyond the Fed for signs of life from stagnant bank rates July 30, 2015
With no action from the Fed on interest rates, consumers should look elsewhere for signs of rising rates.Read More