MoneyRates.com aims to bring you the information you need to successfully manage your bank accounts, credit cards and mortgage loans. These archives are packed with content designed to help you handle your finances more effectively. Please browse the listings below for unique news and analysis on personal finance.
5 flaws of black-box investing September 19, 2016
See arguments in favor of black-box investing, as well as some of its limitations.
Featured Stories Archive
7 things everyone should know about credit cards
September 16, 2016
6 mistakes that can knock out your finances
September 14, 2016
Protect your portfolio: 3 big factors of investment risk
September 12, 2016
7 financial moves to make before your first child
September 07, 2016
Research Center Archive
Best and Worst States for Bank Health 2016 August 29, 2016
The banking industry has recovered from the financial crisis, but conditions are markedly different from one state to another.Read More
- Bank Fees Survey: Checking Accounts Still Cost $159 Annually for Americans
August 16, 2016
- America's Best Rates Q2: Which accounts offer 4x the national savings rate?
July 26, 2016
- 10 Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs
July 18, 2016
- Best Online Brokers 2016
July 08, 2016
Ask The Expert Archive
Will Brexit affect US mortgage, refinancing rates? September 21, 2016
Brexit may well drive US interest rates lower, but delaying decisions about mortgages could be risky.Read More
- How can I split direct deposits between checking and saving for investing?
September 15, 2016
- Transferring a money market account to a CD: Will I pay taxes?
August 24, 2016
- Will I owe taxes on an inherited certificate of deposit (CD)?
July 21, 2016
- Which retirement investments can supplement Social Security income?
July 05, 2016
Credit Cards Archive
How to responsibly handle easier access to credit cards April 29, 2016
Easing credit standards mean consumers have to take responsibility for not overusing access to credit.Read More
Money Market Archives
Fearing a Fed rate hike? Make these 5 moves April 09, 2015
Preparing your finances in advance of any Fed announcements can help you avoid being caught flat-footed when rates finally climb.Read More
- Batter up! 9 'players' for your investment line-up
April 01, 2015
- Home-field advantage: 7 reasons to favor US stocks
March 23, 2015
- 7 straightforward rules for asset allocation
March 18, 2015
- Shareholder rights: Are you a shark, lion or sheep?
February 25, 2015
How to minimize taxes on retirement savings accounts September 09, 2016
Having a distribution strategy from retirement plans can help you manage your tax liability to some extent.Read More
- Why millennials are at the forefront of a banking revolution
September 08, 2016
- How to deal with low bond yields: 4 alternative investments
August 08, 2016
- July Fed update: Is Fed too focused on past econ conditions to raise bank rates?
July 28, 2016
- 4 ways higher interest rates could benefit investors and consumers
July 20, 2016
CD Rates Archive
September Fed update: Bank rate increase delay, how consumers can prepare September 22, 2016
The Fed continues to delay raising rates, but taking action seems increasingly imminent.Read More
- 5 moves to optimize your CD ladder investments
May 11, 2016
- 5 reasons why CDs are perfect for low risk investors
August 14, 2015
- 6 essential truths on today's CD rates
October 16, 2014
- 5 factors that could drive interest rates higher
July 16, 2014
Buying a home: 7 tips for making your biggest investment decision September 23, 2016
Lack of experience is an inherent problem for first-time home buyers, but some sound investment thinking can help you overcome that problem.Read More
- Amid historically low rates, is real estate a good investment?
January 29, 2015
- When it makes sense to bet the house
January 23, 2014
- Playing the spread in today's interest rates
January 10, 2014
- Is the housing bubble rising again?
July 26, 2013
6 reasons to rethink where you bank May 05, 2014
Banking has changed over time, and it's likely your banking needs have too. Here's why you may want to reconsider where you're at today.Read More
- Best banks 2013: Should you switch?
November 12, 2013
- 4 signs of money immaturity in teens
August 28, 2013
- Walmart's Bluebird card: Has checking met its match?
November 02, 2012
- Why one bank is switching to a single overdraft fee
May 24, 2011
Where to look beyond the Fed for signs of life from stagnant bank rates July 30, 2015
With no action from the Fed on interest rates, consumers should look elsewhere for signs of rising rates.Read More