MoneyRates.com aims to bring you the information you need to successfully manage your bank accounts, credit cards and mortgage loans. These archives are packed with content designed to help you handle your finances more effectively. Please browse the listings below for unique news and analysis on personal finance.
Don't pigeonhole investment portfolios: Why use a multi-asset class approach April 29, 2016
A challenging investment environment calls for more attention to active asset class allocation.
Featured Stories Archive
How to approach investments in a sideways stock market
March 29, 2016
High-yield bonds: Oasis or mirage for investment success?
March 15, 2016
Research Center Archive
Best Savings Accounts 2016 April 20, 2016
See the bank accounts seemed poised to offer the highest savings and money market rates in 2016.Read More
- BBVA Compass Offers Fast, Low-Cost Banking Options
March 22, 2016
- Bank Fees Survey: Americans Pay $159 Per Year for Checking Accounts
March 16, 2016
- TD Bank: Great for online and mobile banking, limited for brick-and-mortar
March 02, 2016
- Live Oak Bank Review and Latest Rates
February 16, 2016
Ask The Expert Archive
Is it fair for a potential employer to check your credit report? April 27, 2016
See why potential employers may want to look at your credit history, and what you should do about it.Read More
- Do money market accounts have FDIC insurance coverage?
April 05, 2016
- How do I find the best risk-free interest rate for investments?
March 02, 2016
- How do I find old bank accounts of a deceased relative?
February 09, 2016
- Is silver better than gold as a retirement investment?
January 27, 2016
Credit Cards Archive
How to responsibly handle easier access to credit cards April 29, 2016
Easing credit standards mean consumers have to take responsibility for not overusing access to credit.Read More
Money Market Archives
Fearing a Fed rate hike? Make these 5 moves April 09, 2015
Preparing your finances in advance of any Fed announcements can help you avoid being caught flat-footed when rates finally climb.Read More
- Batter up! 9 'players' for your investment line-up
April 01, 2015
- Home-field advantage: 7 reasons to favor US stocks
March 23, 2015
- 7 straightforward rules for asset allocation
March 18, 2015
- Shareholder rights: Are you a shark, lion or sheep?
February 25, 2015
How to use a health savings account to build retirement wealth April 25, 2016
An introduction to using health savings accounts (HSAs) to both fund out-of-pocket health care expenses and build long-term wealth.Read More
- Do retirement planning tools do more harm than good?
April 15, 2016
- How to plan for retirement when unsure about your future life expectancy
August 13, 2015
- 3 reasons why automatic 401(k) enrollment may not be enough for retirement saving
August 10, 2015
- Negative interest rates: Even worse than they seem?
March 11, 2015
CD Rates Archive
5 reasons why CDs are perfect for low risk investors August 14, 2015
CDs are perfect for low risk investors because they offer a guarantee of principal along with a fixed interest rate and predictable cash flow.Read More
- 6 essential truths on today's CD rates
October 16, 2014
- 5 factors that could drive interest rates higher
July 16, 2014
- Why inflation is still a threat to your retirement
June 25, 2014
- Bonds vs. CDs: A secure-investment showdown
June 12, 2014
Amid historically low rates, is real estate a good investment? January 29, 2015
Recent declines in mortgage rates may generate enthusiasm for real estate investments, but there are reasons to be skeptical of this.Read More
6 reasons to rethink where you bank May 05, 2014
Banking has changed over time, and it's likely your banking needs have too. Here's why you may want to reconsider where you're at today.Read More
- Best banks 2013: Should you switch?
November 12, 2013
- 4 signs of money immaturity in teens
August 28, 2013
- Walmart's Bluebird card: Has checking met its match?
November 02, 2012
- Why one bank is switching to a single overdraft fee
May 24, 2011
Where to look beyond the Fed for signs of life from stagnant bank rates July 30, 2015
With no action from the Fed on interest rates, consumers should look elsewhere for signs of rising rates.Read More