MoneyRates.com aims to bring you the information you need to successfully manage your bank accounts, credit cards and mortgage loans. These archives are packed with content designed to help you handle your finances more effectively. Please browse the listings below for unique news and analysis on personal finance.
What starting salary do you need after graduating college? May 23, 2016
Congratulations! You just got a job offer out of college. When deciding whether a salary offer is enough, account for these six crucial factors.
Featured Stories Archive
Is socially-responsible investing right for you?
May 19, 2016
Death and finance: 5 funeral arrangements to make
April 29, 2016
6 ways to keep ahead of fraudulent financial advisers
April 28, 2016
Research Center Archive
Best Savings Accounts 2016 May 24, 2016
See the bank accounts seemed poised to offer the highest savings and money market rates in 2016.Read More
- Goldman Sachs Bank Review: Rising star in high yield online savings
May 18, 2016
- Best States to Make a Living 2016
May 16, 2016
- BBVA Compass Offers Fast, Low-Cost Banking Options
March 22, 2016
- Bank Fees Survey: Americans Pay $159 Per Year for Checking Accounts
March 16, 2016
Ask The Expert Archive
Why are global commodities traded in US dollars? May 09, 2016
Size and stability have established the US dollar as the global reserve and trading currency, which has positive and negative implications for US investors.Read More
- What are FDIC insurance limits for trust accounts?
May 05, 2016
- Is it fair for a potential employer to check your credit report?
April 27, 2016
- Do money market accounts have FDIC insurance coverage?
April 05, 2016
- How do I find the best risk-free interest rate for investments?
March 02, 2016
Credit Cards Archive
How to responsibly handle easier access to credit cards April 29, 2016
Easing credit standards mean consumers have to take responsibility for not overusing access to credit.Read More
Money Market Archives
Fearing a Fed rate hike? Make these 5 moves April 09, 2015
Preparing your finances in advance of any Fed announcements can help you avoid being caught flat-footed when rates finally climb.Read More
- Batter up! 9 'players' for your investment line-up
April 01, 2015
- Home-field advantage: 7 reasons to favor US stocks
March 23, 2015
- 7 straightforward rules for asset allocation
March 18, 2015
- Shareholder rights: Are you a shark, lion or sheep?
February 25, 2015
6 reasons retirement saving fails (and what to do about it) May 25, 2016
Understanding the reasons why retirement planning so often fails can help you do something about it.Read More
- How to use a health savings account to build retirement wealth
April 25, 2016
- Do retirement planning tools do more harm than good?
April 15, 2016
- How to plan for retirement when unsure about your future life expectancy
August 13, 2015
- 3 reasons why automatic 401(k) enrollment may not be enough for retirement saving
August 10, 2015
CD Rates Archive
5 moves to optimize your CD ladder investments May 11, 2016
CD ladders can help you manage yield and liquidity, and they can also be tailored for current circumstances.Read More
- 5 reasons why CDs are perfect for low risk investors
August 14, 2015
- 6 essential truths on today's CD rates
October 16, 2014
- 5 factors that could drive interest rates higher
July 16, 2014
- Why inflation is still a threat to your retirement
June 25, 2014
Amid historically low rates, is real estate a good investment? January 29, 2015
Recent declines in mortgage rates may generate enthusiasm for real estate investments, but there are reasons to be skeptical of this.Read More
6 reasons to rethink where you bank May 05, 2014
Banking has changed over time, and it's likely your banking needs have too. Here's why you may want to reconsider where you're at today.Read More
- Best banks 2013: Should you switch?
November 12, 2013
- 4 signs of money immaturity in teens
August 28, 2013
- Walmart's Bluebird card: Has checking met its match?
November 02, 2012
- Why one bank is switching to a single overdraft fee
May 24, 2011
Where to look beyond the Fed for signs of life from stagnant bank rates July 30, 2015
With no action from the Fed on interest rates, consumers should look elsewhere for signs of rising rates.Read More