MoneyRates.com aims to bring you the information you need to successfully manage your bank accounts, credit cards and mortgage loans. These archives are packed with content designed to help you handle your finances more effectively. Please browse the listings below for unique news and analysis on personal finance.
15 Steps To Prepare Your Finances For 2017 December 16, 2016
You can have a healthy financial year in 2017 if you take some simple money steps this year.
Featured Stories Archive
Fundamentals of budgeting for beginners
December 08, 2016
7 investment factors that distinguish investing vs. speculating
December 06, 2016
10 Big Scams That Put Your Holidays In Jeopardy
November 23, 2016
3 ways debt controls you (and how to take back control)
November 21, 2016
Research Center Archive
America's Best Rates: Top accounts offer 4x average savings rates November 01, 2016
The third quarter saw a setback for deposit rates in general, making it all the more important for consumers to shop to find the highest rates.Read More
- Best and Worst States for Bank Health 2016
August 29, 2016
- Bank Fees Survey: Checking Accounts Still Cost $159 Annually for Americans
August 16, 2016
- America's Best Rates Q2: Which accounts offer 4x the national savings rate?
July 26, 2016
- 10 Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs
July 18, 2016
Ask The Expert Archive
How do I find the best jumbo account with high interest rates? January 03, 2017
Jumbo accounts may offer a little extra interest, but there are even more productive things you can do to earn higher rates.Read More
- How do I deal with a divorce settlement from an IRA?
December 15, 2016
- Should I worry about losing my mortgage interest tax break?
December 02, 2016
- How should a single mother invest $25,000?
November 15, 2016
- How do I transfer an IRA into a CD without taxes or penalties?
November 11, 2016
Credit Cards Archive
4 major risks of debt consolidation and how to avoid them December 05, 2016
Debt consolidation can be either a useful tool or a costly mistake, so it helps to understand your goals and how to pursue them.Read More
- How to responsibly handle easier access to credit cards
April 29, 2016
- 10 things to know to maximize credit card rewards
April 08, 2016
- 9 questions to ask before taking on debt
April 24, 2015
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
August 18, 2014
Money Market Archives
Fearing a Fed rate hike? Make these 5 moves April 09, 2015
Preparing your finances in advance of any Fed announcements can help you avoid being caught flat-footed when rates finally climb.Read More
- Batter up! 9 'players' for your investment line-up
April 01, 2015
- Home-field advantage: 7 reasons to favor US stocks
March 23, 2015
- 7 straightforward rules for asset allocation
March 18, 2015
- Shareholder rights: Are you a shark, lion or sheep?
February 25, 2015
How to Switch Banks: A Guide to Higher Rates, Free Accounts January 10, 2017
Banks and consumer needs change all the time, which makes periodically switching banks somewhat inevitable and ultimately beneficial.Read More
- December Fed update: What latest rate hike means for bank rates
December 16, 2016
- 7 things investors should know about inflation
November 29, 2016
- 3 investment risk challenges in the modern age
September 27, 2016
- How to minimize taxes on retirement savings accounts
September 09, 2016
CD Rates Archive
Complete Guide to Setting Up A CD Ladder November 04, 2016
Learn how a CD ladder can work to your advantage, and how to set it up.Read More
- November Fed update: Fed doesn't act on bank rates - but consumers can
November 02, 2016
- September Fed update: Bank rate increase delay, how consumers can prepare
September 22, 2016
- 5 moves to optimize your CD ladder investments
May 11, 2016
- 5 reasons why CDs are perfect for low risk investors
August 14, 2015
Buying a home: 7 tips for making your biggest investment decision September 23, 2016
Lack of experience is an inherent problem for first-time home buyers, but some sound investment thinking can help you overcome that problem.Read More
- Amid historically low rates, is real estate a good investment?
January 29, 2015
- When it makes sense to bet the house
January 23, 2014
- Playing the spread in today's interest rates
January 10, 2014
- Is the housing bubble rising again?
July 26, 2013
6 reasons to rethink where you bank May 05, 2014
Banking has changed over time, and it's likely your banking needs have too. Here's why you may want to reconsider where you're at today.Read More
- Best banks 2013: Should you switch?
November 12, 2013
- 4 signs of money immaturity in teens
August 28, 2013
- Walmart's Bluebird card: Has checking met its match?
November 02, 2012
- Why one bank is switching to a single overdraft fee
May 24, 2011
Where to look beyond the Fed for signs of life from stagnant bank rates July 30, 2015
With no action from the Fed on interest rates, consumers should look elsewhere for signs of rising rates.Read More