Chase Bank: Leader in customer service and financial tech
Chase Bank, owned by JPMorgan Chase, is a leading consumer bank with numerous distinctions for customer service. Consistently landing on top lists for customer service and technology, Chase was ranked No. 1 in customer satisfaction for the biggest U.S. banks for the third year in a row.
Chase oversees $2.6 trillion in assets in branches around the world and caters to a wide range of customers, from clients who regularly keep large amounts of deposits to students just starting to build a financial history. The bank has 15,500 ATMs and 5,400 branches.
Chase provides a wide variety of deposit and credit products for customers. In addition to checking and savings accounts, Chase Bank offers the following products and services:
- Certificate of Deposit accounts
- Credit cards
- Home equity lines of credit
- Auto loans
- Business banking
Chase checking and saving offers
With access to a large network of ATMs and branches, opening and maintaining a checking and savings account with Chase should be straightforward.
Chase has four types of checking accounts:
- Chase Total Checking
- Chase Premier Plus Checking
- Chase Premier Platinum Checking
- Chase High School Checking or Chase College Checking
Customers may be eligible for free checking. Chase customers can have their monthly service fee waived if they fulfill certain requirements for their account type, such as keeping a $1,500 daily balance or more for Chase Total Checking. The annual percentage yield for checking and saving accounts is 0.01 percent to help customers grow their money.
For customers who desire a high-yield savings account, Chase offers a service called Chase Plus Savings, which allows you to earn a higher interest rate with a greater balance. Additionally, you can earn interest on CDs, available in a variety of terms. Consumers can open a CD with a balance of $1,000 and over.
Compare CD rates from other banks listed on the MoneyRates CD page.
Customers also flock to Chase for features that make it easier for them to save money, such as its automatic savings program, to further meet their financial goals.
Earn up to $300 sign-up bonus for new customers
New Chase customers not only have a chance to save money but also earn it along the way. New checking and saving account customers at Chase have the opportunity to earn up to $300 when they open new accounts.
- Earn $300 for Chase Premier Plus Checking. For those interested in only checking, Chase has an offer to earn $300 for new Chase Premier Plus Checking customers who set up direct deposit.
- Get $250 for Chase Total combo checking and savings. Customers who open up a combo account for both checking and savings can earn a $250 sign-up bonus for these accounts.
- Receive $150 for opening a Chase Total Checking account or $100 for a Chase saving account. New Chase checking customers can qualify for $150 when they open a Chase Total Checking account, deposit at least $25 and set up direct deposit. New savings customers can also get $100 for opening a Chase savings account and depositing $10,000 in new money. Customers eligible for this sign-up bonus must deposit $10,000 or more within 10 days and keep a balance of $10,000 for 90 days after opening the account.
To obtain the bonuses above, customers must go to the Chase website, enter their email address to receive a coupon, print the coupon and bring it to any Chase branch as they open their account.
The offers expire October 14, 2015.
Technology and awards
In addition to its selection of savings and checking accounts, Chase draws its customers is through innovative features to help customers manage their finances, including Chase QuickDeposit and QuickPay, available on mobile devices.
Banking, online and mobile features include:
- Chase QuickDeposit
- Direct Deposit
- Chase Online Bill Pay
- Chase QuickPay
- Paperless Statements
- Account Alerts
- Text Banking
With its commitment to providing customers with innovative technology to make banking easier, Chase Bank has won numerous awards for customer service. These include:
- Recipient of the National Achievement in Consumer Banking and in Premier Banking Award (TNS Choice Awards, 2014)
- No. 1 in Credit Cards (Chase Bank)
- No. 1 Most Visited U.S. Banking Portal (Chase Bank)
As a leader in both customer service and technology, Chase continues to be ahead of the game and retain life-long customers.
MoneyRates will be reviewing as many commercial banks and credit unions as possible in this space in the coming weeks and months. Reviews are regardless of advertising status. If you have strong feelings about your bank, let us know in the comments section.