Again, these rankings are based on each state's Compensation and Quality Factor, a proprietary metric based on these factors in each area:
- Average salary, according to figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Cost of living, based on data from C2ER.
- Employment rate, based on BLS data.
- Workplace conditions, based on the "Work Environment" component of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
Here are all 50 U.S. states as ranked by their working conditions in the 2014 MoneyRates.com analysis:
- Capital One 360
- Synchrony Bank
- Ally Bank
- CIT Bank
- Sallie Mae Bank
- American Express Bank, FSB
- Discover Bank
Minimum to earn APY $0
Rates as of 5/27/2017
Rates / APY terms above are current as of the date indicated. These quotes are from banks, credit unions and thrifts, some of which have paid for a link to their website. Bank, thrift and credit union deposits are insured by the FDIC or NCUA. Contact the bank for the terms and conditions that may apply to you. Rates are subject to change without notice and may not be the same at all branches.