Meet the MoneyRates.com Contributors
Richard Barrington is the primary spokesperson and personal finance expert for MoneyRates.com. He is a 20-year veteran of the financial industry, including having served for over a dozen years as a member of the executive committee of Manning & Napier Advisors, Inc.
He earned his Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 1991 with the Association for Investment Management and Research (AIMR). Richard has written for over 50 financial websites, including Investopedia, Yahoo, Huffington Post and MSN. His area of focus is personal investments and retirement income.
He can discuss economic and market history in detail and is well-respected for his ability to relate to a broad audience from a personal financial standpoint. Richard approaches financial topics with an understanding that fresh perspectives are often more valuable than mainstream consensus.
Richard has been quoted by numerous media publications--including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Pensions & Investments magazine--on these topics:
- Investments and deposit vehicles (savings accounts, money market accounts and certificates of deposit)
- Interest rates
- Macroeconomic indicators and monetary and fiscal policy
- Historical financial events and long-term implications of current financial trends
- Housing markets and the mortgage meltdown
- Saving and planning for retirement
Follow Richard Barrington on Google Plus